8.23.2013

My New Fragrance: Jo Malone English Pear & Freesia and Nutmeg Ginger

By Sonia


Finally I used up my current fragrance. It's time to get a new one and it is from Jo Malone!
I didn't remember clearly how I got to know this brand.
But the simple and elegant design of the bottles definitely catches my eyes.
More importantly, its fresh and distinct scent matches my taste.
I always get a tester paper home from the store and smell it like I am a drug addict. Haha!


Jo Malone has got six categories for its fragrances: Citrus; Fruity; Light Floral; Floral; Spicy; Woody.
At first, I thought that I would only get English Pear & Freesia because it is already my favourite.
But when I did my research online, I found that these fragrances can be layered with each other.
So instead of buying a one 100 ml bottle, I decided to get two 30 ml bottles for a more diverse scent.
(100 ml bottle: HKD$1080; 30 ml bottle: HKD$540)

After smelling a bunch of testing papers, I got English Pear & Freesia(Fruity) and Nutmeg Ginger(Spicy).
According to Jo Malone's official website...
English Pear & Freesia: The sensuous freshness of just-ripe pears is wrapped in a bouquet of white freesias, and mellowed by amber, patchouli and woods.
Nutmeg Ginger: Sandalwood and cedarwood seasoned with nutmeg and vibrant ginger.

Cyrus Chan, the stylist of JM store in Lane Crawford Times Square, taught me a way to layer these two fragrances.
First, spray English Pear & Freesia all over the body.
Then, spray some Nutmeg Ginger to the hair.
Originally, English Pear & Freesia would give a fresh scent.
By adding Nutmeg Ginger, the scent becomes a bit more warm and comforting.
(If you are going out in the evening, adding Nutmeg Ginger is a great choice for a deeper scent.)
This is totally me! I am so satisfied with this combination.

Fragrance can express your personality and style!
The idea of layering fragrances is really great if you are bored with only one scent.
You can spray different scents according to your mood.
Also, it would be also a good idea to have couple scent with your partner.
For example, girl can spray on English Pear and boy can spray on 154.
It will turn out to be another great scent.
Is it interesting?


At the end, Cyrus also gave me some samples to play with.
(Nectarine-Blossom-Honey; Red Roses; Grapefruit)
Besides, I think Scent Surround Diffusers and candles are great options for the home!

Have you ever tried Jo Malone's fragrance?
Which one would be your favourite scent?

No comments:

Post a Comment